Friday, January 8, 2010

Pain and Anxiety don't Mix

Another rough day for Mom. The anxiety she has is getting worse. Anxiety is typical for cancer patients. Pain management has been assigned to Mom to find a course of action that will control the pain and anxiety. Mom has been extremely blessed to have Jake as her nurse. (She says "Oh he is so cute!" Lori and I agree with Mom's statement) He is so compassionate and goes beyond his job to help Mom. We are so grateful for him. Ashley and little Eden will be here tomorrow. She keeps asking is my little Princess Eden here yet? We pray tomorrow will be a calm from the storm.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Chris and Family,
    My heart reaches out to you--having suffered with much chronic pain and resulting anxiety(realizing how very minor in comparison to what you are enduring) I know(somewhat) the vicious nightmare you are living. What helps me,sometimes,is if I just talk it out with a loved one or friend, and get the anger and frustration released. It also helps to listen to a different point of view of the situation, from someone you know who loves you. I am offering this humbly with only love and concern for you all.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog. Just remember that we love you and hope all goes well for you. We were devastated when we heard your cancer was back.
    Kathy and Ralph Abbott

    ReplyDelete