Monday, December 14, 2009

Surgery Tomorrow

Prayers have been answered--Mom is scheduled for surgery tomorrow, December 15th, at 9:50 am at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. The pain and swelling became to great for her. I was able to visit with Dr. Soisson's wonderful nurse, Nancey and explain the situation. She told what I could do to comfort Mom as much as possible. Two hours later she called me back and said Dr. Soisson is on the other line....he feels very strongly she needs to be scheduled for surgery asap...after rearranging his schedule Mom will have surgery tomorrow! A huge relief was lifted off her shoulders when I told her the news. Dad left for New Mex yesterday and is returning to Utah as I write this update. He wasn't even home for 24 hours.....he loves Mom more than words can be expressed.

7 comments:

  1. I'am so glad they are getting her in so soon. The power of prayer is awfully powerful. I hope you can feel the big heart felt hug I'am sending you Chris, with a lot of strength and love enclosed. Kristi take good care of yourself, so you can be there for your Mom and Dad ! You are such a sweet person, I miss not seeing you. You will all be in my prayers and thoughts. My love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be in the temple tomorrow....I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so wonderful! Prayer is power! I will be praying for you and hope the surgery and recovery goes smoothly! I love you so much Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris my sis!!! I love you so much! Yes prayers were answered. So grateful she was able to get in tomorrow. What a relief for her. I can't stand the thought of her in so much pain. Now, after tomorrow she can begin her road to recovery. I know it won't be easy but she will beat this. Prayer and Priesthood along with outstanding Doctors do perform miracles. I love you Chris my Sis!

    Love, Jeanne Cahoon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also posted the address and telephone # for the Huntsman Cancer Institute on another page. Actually I'll repeat it on this page.
    Huntsman Cancer Institute
    2000 Circle of Hope
    Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
    801-375-3480
    Love you so much Chris my Sis!
    Jeanne Cahoon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck tomorrow and we will be praying for a quick recovery. I spent a lot of my childhood with the Cooks, and Mr. and Mrs. Cook were like my second set of parents back then. Get well soon and lots of love.....

    Neil Stagen and family

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you Chris (mom) I know what the power of prayer is!!! There are so many of us praying for you. I love you and pray for a speedy and 100% recovery!! Love Mari

    ReplyDelete