Saturday, December 12, 2009

update


This blog is set up by Kristi Cook Mcilmoil for our mom-Chris, to give information and updates on her progress. Chris went to the ER on November 28th and a tumor was discovered. She set up a consultation with the Huntsman Cancer Institute. She is under the care of Dr. Andrew Soisson. He has suggested this is ovarian cancer. The course of treatment recommended is surgery which is scheduled for Friday, December 17th. At this time final diagnosis will be determined by Dr. Soisson. Results of surgery will determine future treatment. She will be in the Huntsman Cancer Institute up to 10 days following surgery and will not be able to travel immediately. (She always wanted to move to Utah) Mom has great deal of swelling (fluid) in the abdomen. Dr. Soisson recommended draining the fluid. At that procedure, 4 liters of fluid was drained to provide relief. This was a great relief unfortunately sooner than expected the fluid is returning. Of course she is very tired so Dad, myself, Big and little John ventured out to finish her Christmas shopping--six hours later we returned home to find mom wrapped in her pink blanket on the couch resting:) We love our Mom! She will be staying with me until the day of surgery. I will posting updates as needed. Please pass this blog onto others who will be interested in Mom's progress. We appreciate everyone's concern and prayers. We want our mom and dad to be able to rest so we are asking that phone calls are not made to them and to refer to this blog. Thank-you for your understanding at this time.

14 comments:

  1. Kristi, hope Kurt gave your mom my message. Keep me posted, and let me know what I can do. I will do anything!!! ok, so call me anytime. 801-860-8277. Thanks cuz, I love you all!! Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kurt, Kristi, and Family,

    Your Mom will be in our prayers!

    Tommy Hynes & Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason can you pass this blog address on to your mom. Thank you and I will let you know if we need anything. Love ya cuz and so does my mom--your a son to her:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will let her know. She and your Dad are like a mom & dad to me. Please call me too, when possible. Our kids are all praying for her every prayer, morning,meals, and at night. Cherilyn and I as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."
    D&C 84:88
    This was the first talk I read out of the Nov 2008 Conference issue, from Pres. Eyring, while I was waiting at the hospital for Sheldon's surgical biopsy to be completed, the beginning of our journey....

    It has been my motivation and my comfort....

    I love you...we love you.....kit and family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the update. We will keep her in our thoughts and prayers. The Ogden family has always loved Aunt Kris! She is the best! Let me know if I can help with anything, Im just around the corner.

    Much love, Kelli and family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris as you testify to, prayer is powerful and you will continually be in our family and private prayers. If you ever just need an ear to vent to please call. I think back at our last conversation and wish I had listened in your voice more carefully, I could tell there was concern but I didn't quite understand and you had mentioned not feeling well. I think I supposed that it was the stress of taking care of your mother. I promise to be a better listener! I hope you know how much we love you and your family- you are a dear, precious friend and my heart and thoughts will be with you as you courageously fight this battle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I love my sister Chris! She is dear to my heart and our prayers are constantly spoken in her behalf. What a difficult time this is for you. But as Scott says, you can do this Aunt Chris...you can do this. I know the Lord will bless you and once again we will witness a miracle! Love you so much! Your Sis...Jeanne Cahoon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi my Aunt Chris,

    I want you to know how much I love you! You are my special Aunt Chris. We've had some fun times together. Remember the machine gun and you in the bathtub! My mom and I laugh our heads off thinking about that! Remember Heavenly Father loves you. You can do this Aunt Chris...you are my Aunt Chris..you can do this! I love you so very much in all my heart!
    Love, Scott Cahoon your nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Chris,You had been on my mind for the last couple of weeks, it was so wonderful to be able to visit with you last week. It seemed just like old times. You could not be in a better place or receive better care as we both already know. You have always been a sister to me in more than one way. You have such a strong testimony and a shining example not only to me but to everyone else. We have always loved you and your family. We have so many fun memories with all of you. You and your family are in my heart and prayers. Remember I'am always here for you. I love you! 801-601-8645. Please call me if you need anything,event just to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Chris and Jack, I am trying so hard to get this to 'comment'! Mo and I love you both so much. You are in our hearts and prayers.
    Much love and faith.....esta and mo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aunt Chris,
    We love you and look forward to being with you in Farmington (so the move to Utah will have to wait a few more years). You are such a fun person and so energetic and I can't wait for my boys to get to know your personality and of your love for others. We think of you and pray for you. Tell Uncle Jack hello and try to rest as I know he is doing all he can to care for you. I am glad Kristi set this up for us too keep updated on your progress- love the internet in cases like these. Love you.
    Susan Cahoon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jack and Chris - I am thankful for you both and will be praying for you!

    Shauna :)

    ReplyDelete